Monday, June 28, 2021

Jesus’ Model for Prayer

 
Thank you for subscribing to one or more of the Bible Gateway email newsletters produced in partnership with the Zondervan Books publishing team. Once a month you can look forward to receiving this email with Christian life articles taken from books published by Zondervan. Enjoy!
 
Zondervan Books
Jodie Berndt

Jesus' Model for Prayer

By Jodie Berndt (Bible Gateway Blog)

I don't know about you, but I spent a lot of years thinking that prayer was basically a one-way conversation in which I'd ask God for what I thought would be good and then see what happened. If my relationships or my circumstances lined up with my requests, I would know that God said yes. And if not, he said no. I didn't begrudge God when he turned me down (I knew verses like Isaiah 55:9, which explains that God's ways and his thoughts are higher than ours), but I much preferred it when I'd put in a prayer and get the answer I wanted.

I liked it when prayer worked like a vending machine.

But that's not how Jesus sees prayer....

 
Continue Reading
 
Jess Connolly

Why Body Image Is a Spiritual Issue

By Jess Connolly (Bible Gateway Blog)

I was riding in the back of one of my parents' cars; I can't quite remember which one.

It was the early '90s, and seatbelts felt more negotiable then, so I was lying down on my left side, facing the floorboard, which was littered with kids' road trip materials—coloring books, crayons, a few small plastic toys. The warm southern sun was beating down on the parts of my body that weren't tucked into the cloth seats, warming my skin, my cotton t-shirt, and shorts. I was about to turn nine years old....

 
Continue Reading
 
Jennifer Dukes Lee

Why You Need Good Fences in Your Life

By Jennifer Dukes Lee (Bible Gateway Blog)

If I could lose my salvation, it would have happened the day a rogue pig showed up in our yard.

My hands were wrist-deep in dishwasher when I saw it out of the corner of my eye—a blur, a moving blob at first. And then I made out the figure as it scooted behind the shed, its pink rump shimmying in all its corpulent glory.

This immediately caused alarm ...

 
Continue Reading
 
What Are Healthy Boundaries?
Will the Circle Be Unbroken?
 
-
Want more? Subscribe to one or more of the following devotional email newsletters published jointly by Bible Gateway and Zondervan Books: Want a FREE eBook? Sign up for the Zondervan Books Weekly email newsletter and receive the PDF eBook Daily Power: The First 31 Days by Criag Groeschel, taken from Craig's devotional Daily Power. Learn More Here
-
Follow along for more! 
Twitter Instagram Facebook Twitter YouTube SoundCloud

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. If you have questions or comments about this email, please contact us.

 

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

-

No comments:

Post a Comment