Wednesday, February 26, 2020

How My Loss and a Good God Can Coexist

 
Thank you for subscribing to one or more of the Bible Gateway email newsletters produced in partnership with the Zondervan Books publishing team. Once a month you can look forward to receiving this email with Christian life articles taken from books published by Zondervan. Enjoy!
 
Zondervan Books
Katherine Wolf

How My Loss and a Good God Can Coexist

By Katherine Wolf (Bible Gateway Blog)

It's human nature to rebel against losing what defines us. Our deepest animal urges demand that we store up anything that sustains our sense of identity and helps us keep on living into our desired future. The fear of loss can paralyze us, and redefining it may be the hardest redefining of them all. But losing something familiar or precious can also help us let go of the illusion of control and the weight of expectations that have ruled us our whole lives....

 
Continue Reading
 
Craig Groeschel

So You Want to Be Useful to God …

By Craig Groeschel (Bible Gateway Blog)

At the ripe old age of twenty-seven, I felt called by God to start a new church. My wife, Amy, shared my vision, so we dreamed together and moved forward with a plan. We chose a name for our new church and filed the paperwork. We recruited friends who had already expressed interest in joining us and printed invitations for others we hoped to enlist as we got our new church off the ground.

To say that we were idealistic would be an understatement....

 
Continue Reading
 
Dr. Dharius Daniels

The Profound Impact of Relationships on Your Life

By Dr. Dharius Daniels (Bible Gateway Blog)

Every single area of your life is inevitably impacted by your relationships. Your spiritual, physical, financial, emotional, and professional progress is tied and tethered to who you allow to be a part of and influence your life. Therefore, if you are serious about taking your life to the next level, you should be serious about taking your relationships to the next level....

 
Continue Reading
 
Rebecca Bender

My Escape from Slavery ... in America

By Rebecca Bender (Bible Gateway Blog)

I knew I needed professional help if I wanted to get my life together and my little girl back. Bryan my pimp was furious about the hospital incident due to my drug overdose and kept his distance, spending time with his other girls. Yet somehow he convinced me that it was my drug use that caused all the prostitution, and that he wanted me to go to rehab because he loved me. I called my mom and got a list of women's rehabs in the Pacific Northwest that she'd compiled for me. Last on the list was Victory Outreach, a Christian women's home....

 
Continue Reading
 
 
-
Want more? Subscribe to one or more of the following devotional email newsletters published jointly by Bible Gateway and Zondervan Books: Want a FREE eBook? Sign up for the Zondervan Books Weekly email newsletter and receive the PDF eBook Daily Power: The First 31 Days by Criag Groeschel, taken from Craig's devotional Daily Power. Learn More Here
-
Follow along for more! 
Twitter Instagram Facebook Twitter YouTube SoundCloud

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. For information regarding our privacy policy, click here. If you have questions or comments about this newsletter, please contact us.

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

-

No comments:

Post a Comment