Thursday, July 16, 2020

C.S. Lewis Daily - July 16, 2020

Bible Gateway
Click to view this email in your browser.
 
BibleGatewayHeader.jpg
facebook twitter instagram rss
 
CSLewis
 
  Learn more about RevenueStripe...
 

Fasnacht was once more proof how little purely intellectual power avail to make a big man. I thought that he had not lived a single one of his theories: he had worked them with his brain but not with his blood. I think I rather surprised him by remarking that he was a remarkable guest, for he had made me talk more solemn nonsense that I had done for two years.

When he went I walked with him to the corner of the road. I said I believed the things I had said but he had been playing with counters. He admitted he could only clinch his view by committing suicide. He then left me. I forgot to mention that he referred to everything he liked – including Idealistic Nihilism – as 'very sweet.' Faugh! He also professed to find my view of a Reality with no margins intolerable, expiating on the pressure: I said I loved it.

From All My Road Before Me

All My Road Before Me: The Diary of C. S. Lewis: 1922-1927. Copyright © 1991 by C. S. Lewis Pte. Ltd. Foreword copyright © 1981 by Owen Barfield. All rights reserved. Used with permission of HarperCollins Publishers.

 
Bible Gateway Recommendations
cslewis_merch
The C.S. Lewis Signature Classics

Did you find this devotional helpful and inspiring? Read the book for more!

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
 

Copyright Information

Excerpts drawn from the writings of C.S. Lewis as noted above; used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.


Subscription Information

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. If you have questions or comments about this email, please contact us.

 

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

 

No comments:

Post a Comment