Thursday, September 28, 2023

Translating Your Suffering into a Durable Hope

 
Thank you for subscribing to one or more of the Bible Gateway email newsletters produced in partnership with the Zondervan Books publishing team. Once a month you can look forward to receiving this email with Christian life articles taken from books published by Zondervan. Enjoy!
 
Zondervan Books
Costi W. Hinn

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

By Costi W. Hinn (Zondervan)

I clicked the play button on the video of a woman sitting in a chair on a stage, microphone in hand, seemingly ready to share something from the Bible to a crowd of eager listeners. She was a well-known singer and songwriter, so the crowd undoubtedly was on the edge of their seats in anticipation. The video began: "The Holy Spirit, to me, is like the genie from Aladdin."

The crowd responded immediately with laughter, engaged with her right from the start. I tried hard to fully understand what she was saying and not be hasty to judge her. Perhaps she was just attempting to have a little fun and bring levity to a theological subject. As she went on, however, no well-intentioned motive could account for what she said, and my concern deepened ...

 
Continue Reading
 
Anh Lin

What Happened When I Strengthened My Boundaries

By Anh Lin (Boundaries Books)

The first time I was explicitly taught about boundaries was by my Christian therapist. While it seemed that everyone I knew took pity on my mother, my therapist was the first to suggest I might benefit from moving out of my mother's house and finding a different church. At the time, I thought that leaving my mother's house was an act of disobedience, and leaving church an act of disloyalty (and perhaps even blasphemy).

Still, I became more open to her advice as I grew to trust her little by little. I still remember her reaction when I told her I saved enough money to properly move out of my mother's house. She let out a faint smile of relief, straightened up in her chair, exhaled, and proceeded to teach me the most important lesson about boundaries....

 
Continue Reading
 
Alli Worthington

If Mama Ain't Happy ...

By Alli Worthington (Zondervan)

Experts say emotional health is how you think and feel, how emotionally intelligent you are, and how well you can regulate your emotions. But as a nonprofessional, I believe emotional health is a combination of spiritual, mental, and relational health.

I want my kids to love God, have a positive outlook on life, be in great relationships, and know how to give and receive love. I pray they have firm boundaries, take personal responsibility for themselves, and enjoy a great life. That's my description of an emotionally healthy life. Who doesn't want this for their kids?

If we can raise our kids to be emotionally healthy adults, we'll have hit the jackpot as moms, right?

But I don't want an emotionally healthy life just for my kids, I also want that life for myself....

 
Continue Reading
 
The 10 Laws of Boundaries
Curt Thompson Event
 
-
Looking for more? For more helpful articles, deal notices, and book samples, subscribe to one or more of the following email newsletters published by Zondervan Books:
-
Follow Zondervan Books for more! 
Instagram Facebook Twitter

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. If you have questions or comments about this email, please contact us.

 

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

-

No comments:

Post a Comment