Wednesday, October 31, 2018

When Truth Invades Your Brokenness

 

Thank you for subscribing to one or more of the Bible Gateway email newsletters produced in partnership with the Zondervan publishing team. Once a month you can look forward to receiving this email with Christian life articles taken from books published by Zondervan. Enjoy!

 
Zondervan
Sandi Patty

When Truth Invades Your Brokenness

By Sandi Patty (Bible Gateway Blog).
I pretended that I was good.

Marriage was good. Life was good. Being a mom of young children was good. My career was good. I worked hard to make it look like I had it all together. I would sing from emotional depths, then leave the stage, go to my dressing room, where no one would see me, and sit in the corner and cry....

 
Continue Reading
 
Craig Groeschel

God, Why Arn't You Doing Something?

By Craig Groeschel (Bible Gateway Blog). If only life were like a sitcom.

When I was growing up, there wasn't so much graphic violence and corruption on TV—all those antiheroes we were just talking about. And that's probably just as well, because I imagine my parents wouldn't have let me watch those shows anyway. So I grew up on a steady diet of classic sitcoms ...

 
Continue Reading
 
Bryan Loritts

The Hard Reality of Exclusivity in White Evangelicalism and What Can Be Done

By Bryan Loritts (Bible Gateway Blog). On a Sunday in the late 1700s, a black man walked into a church and began praying. What he didn't realize was that he was doing so in the whites-only section of the church. Incensed by his audacity, the people around him immediately confronted him and tossed him outside onto the streets ...

 
Continue Reading
 
Hayley Morgan

Dependence Is Not a Dirty Word

By Hayley Morgan (Bible Gateway Blog). One day, my friend Page told me something that made me practically fall off my chair. I was shocked. I was moved. And I've been thinking about it for the last two years.

We were sitting cross-legged at Bible study, and she wondered out loud whether in training our children to be independent, we were leading them to be less like Christ....

 
Continue Reading
 
 
-
Want more? Subscribe to one or more of the following devotional email newsletters published jointly by Bible Gateway and Zondervan:
-
join Zondervan on social media 
Twitter Facebook YouTube SoundCloud

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. For information regarding our privacy policy, click here. If you have questions or comments about this newsletter, please contact us.

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

-

No comments:

Post a Comment