Thursday, February 28, 2019

Prayer: The Antidote to What Ails Your Marriage

 

Thank you for subscribing to one or more of the Bible Gateway email newsletters produced in partnership with the Zondervan publishing team. Once a month you can look forward to receiving this email with Christian life articles taken from books published by Zondervan. Enjoy!

 
Zondervan
Joel and Nina Schmidgall

Prayer: The Antidote to What Ails Your Marriage

By Joel and Nina Schmidgall (Bible Gateway Blog). A ring has been the symbol of a marriage covenant for generations. At its core, a ring is a circle. Because it has no beginning and no end, a circle represents the infinite. A circle represents the bold declaration of marriage. Exchanged during the wedding ceremony, the ring is an emblem of . . .

 
Continue Reading
 
Cara Meredith

Seeing Black History Through Another Lens

By Cara Meredith (Bible Gateway Blog). My friend Shannon and I wove our way through the National African American Museum of History and Culture in Washington, DC. Two days before, we'd sat at the feet of Mama Ruby, and now, on our last full day of the pilgrimage, our bodies ached with a wild kind of exhaustion. Desperate to return home, I longed for enough time to filter all of the information I'd internalized that week....

 
Continue Reading
 
Tiffini Kilgore

When I Discovered My Dream Had Become an Idol

By Tiffini Kilgore (Bible Gateway Blog). Since I said yes to God, I've been journaling my thoughts, my questions, and God's responses. But this morning, I sit at the table and read, you have "relied on oppression and depended on deceit" (Isa. 30:12). The words pull my face to them and say, "Sweet one, pay attention. You are shaping your life on lies."

I am? Am I putting all my trust in lies?

 
Continue Reading
 
Karen Ehman

How to Love a Spouse Who Drives You Crazy

By Karen Ehman (Bible Gateway Blog). My intense irritation at my husband's actions didn't visibly show. Since his mother was in the back seat of our car, I was careful to remain calm. However, I did sneak a darting glance toward him—a dagger that accurately conveyed how very much I hated what he'd just done.

His dire offense? Wait for it . . .

 
Continue Reading
 
 
-
Want more? Subscribe to one or more of the following devotional email newsletters published jointly by Bible Gateway and Zondervan:
-
join Zondervan on social media 
Twitter Facebook YouTube SoundCloud

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. For information regarding our privacy policy, click here. If you have questions or comments about this newsletter, please contact us.

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

-

No comments:

Post a Comment