Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Devotions by Christine Caine - February 06, 2019

Click to view this email in your browser.
 
bg-facebook bg-twitter bg-google bg-blog
 
  Learn more about RevenueStripe...

Read Philippians 4:8

We are exhorted to meditate on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy.

Train of Thought

You may have heard the phrase "train of thought." It certainly is a very descriptive and accurate metaphor for describing the way our minds work. Our thoughts are just like a train; they always take us somewhere. If we want to change our destination, regardless of what area of life we're talking about, we have to change the thought trains we board.

Often, we don't realize that we have the ability to make a choice about what we think. But clearly we do, as we are exhorted to set our mind on things above and not on earthly things (see Col. 3:2). This doesn't mean that negative thoughts won't enter our minds—if that were the case, there would be no need to consciously choose to set our minds on the thoughts of God.

While I was learning to renew my mind, I discovered that many of the trains of thought I had at that time about God, the people around me, myself and my destiny were completely contrary to what God thinks. They were built on my experience rather than the truth of God's Word. I knew that I had to make a change: I had to consciously choose what thoughts I would allow to pull into the platform of my mind.

Armed with this knowledge and a firm commitment to exercise my mind muscle, I was ready to go to work. Each time a train of thought that was contrary to the Word of God pulled into the platform of my mind, I would choose not to get on board. Instead, I would purposefully board trains of thought that would take me to the right destination.

This is why it's so important to read and meditate on the Word of God. If we don't know what thoughts are contrary to his, how will we ever know what trains to avoid? As I continued to renew my mind on a day-to-day basis (and often on a moment-by-moment basis), I began to notice a change. I started to see this mind shift begin to affect my external behavior and responses.

During this long and often arduous process of renewing our minds, it's vital that we fight off the feelings of frustration that will inevitably come our way. If we don't give up, in time we will experience the fruit of this process in our lives.

Point to Ponder

Are you ready to start responding to the circumstances of your life with the strength, faith, and confidence of Christ? Then it's time to become rooted in God's Word. When you have the mind of Jesus, you will naturally act like him, too

Bible Gateway Recommendations
Unexpected: Leave Fear Behind, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure

Did you find this devotional helpful and inspiring? Read Caine's new book for more!

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
 

Copyright Information

Devotions by Christine Caine, Copyright © 2012 by Christine Caine and Equip & Empower Ministries.


Subscription Information

This email was sent to mucomacamucomaca.muco@blogger.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. For information regarding our privacy policy, click here. If you have questions or comments about this newsletter, please contact us.

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptionsOpt Out of all Bible Gateway communication

No comments:

Post a Comment